Here's how you play. Pretty much it's Crazy Eights, but here's the longer version:
- Shuffle the cards.
- Deal out 5 cards to each player, face down.
- Place the remainder of the cards face down in a pile between the players. This will be the Draw pile.
- Flip one card over from the Draw pile and set it up face up next to the pile. This will be the Discard pile.
- Youngest player goes first, and play continues to each player clock-wise.
- On each turn the player plays a card from his hand on top of the Discard pile that matches the top card in either Shape or Color.
- If a player doesn't have a matching card, then the player draws from the Draw pile without playing a card and play continues to the next person.
- If a player has a Wild Card, he can play it any turn regardless of what's on top of the Discard pile. He gets to choose which color- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue or Purple (yeah, I know, I left out Indigo, I wonder when Spiff will notice.)- is to be played by the next player.
- Whoever plays all of the cards in their hand first is the winner. Hooray!